Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rehab Day 2

Weight: 127.2

Day two on the wagon and all is well! Today I used some mid-day free time to hit up Costco for loads of meats, vegetables, and nuts. I spent about an hour when I got home BBQing a side of salmon, about 14 chicken breasts, and stripped the meat off 2 whole roasted chickens. Those little pre-cooked chickens are probably the best deal in town. $6.99 at Costco, one bird yields a tremendous amount of meat and it tastes yummy. Yes, its cooked with the skin on and no, I don't care about the extra fat.

Food Log
8:00AM - two whole eggs, almonds/walnuts, 2 fish oil capsules
1:00PM - Roasted chicken (I picked at it while prepping), pistachios
6:00PM - More chicken, 1/2 apple with loads of almond butter
9:00PM - A pepperoni stick (oops), more nuts, broccoli and cauliflower

Overall, not bad. The lack of carbs definitely kills my appetite, so I have to be careful to actually get enough calories some days. I'm not eating enough vegetables yet, so that's next on the list of improvements.

I avoided a temptation involving lasagna and brownies at a family gathering, since luckily I had to work late.

CrossFit

"Mary"
AMRAP in 20 mins of:

5 Handstand Pushups
10 single leg squats, alternating
15 pullups

Attacked this one as Rx'd, other than the depth on my HSPUs which is about 2" off the floor. I used a stack of 4 DVD as the target for my bean. Things were going really well until round 7 when I ripped a little spot on each hand open and spent a few minutes administering first aid. Overall I got 8 rounds done.



Oh, and I pedaled my way to work again today in the afternoon.




Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment