Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Primal Stuffing

I saw this on the CrossFit Saskatoon blog and I am shamelessly stealing and re-posting it here :-)

Sausage and Apple Stuffing
10 slices bacon (6 oz), diced
2 pounds pork sausage meat
2 large onions, chopped
8 oz. medium mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 tsp dried sage leaves, crumbled
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pound tart apples, cored and cut into 1/2" pieces
1 cup chopped fresh parsley

Cook bacon until it begins to brown. Crumble sausage meat in same pan and cook till done. Add onions, mushrooms and celery, cooking until onions and mushrooms are wilted. Stir in sage, thyme, salt and pepper, then the apples. Remove from heat, add parsley.

I will do my best to talk my mama into stuffing our turkey with this tomorrow. Updates to follow... Happy Turkey Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment