Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Laura's Turkey Marinara

From awesome CrossFitter/Paleo Princess Laura: "I have been making this dish lately. It is just something I kind of made up. I don't know if you will like it. But it is quick, easy and packed full of vegetables :)"

1 package of ground turkey
1 zuchinni
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 orange pepper
1 yellow onion
4-5 tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste (preferably organic)
2-3 tsp pepper
4-5 cloves of crushed garlic
frank's red hot (as much as you like. I usually use about 1-2 tsp)

So I cut up all of the veggies and onion (in bite size pieces). Then fry up the ground turkey in either a pan on the stove or in a wok. Once the turkey is cooked, then add the onion and the garlic. Cook and continue stiring for about 5 minutes. Then add the peppers, zuchinni, and tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes or so. Then add the can of tomato paste. Sometimes you have to add a small amount of water (not even a 1/4 cup) just so the mixture does not burn to the bottom of the pan. Then add the pepper and the frank's red hot. Cook for about 15-20 minutes on low (just let it simmer). Make sure it does not burn. Tomato can burn very easily!!!! I serve it with cut up veggies, or just by itself. Mmmmmm I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment