Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Cookbooks!

I'm always on the lookout for recipe inspirations anywhere I can find them and I love collecting cookbooks. Here are two recent additions to my collection.

Grain-free Gourmet

And...

Everyday Grain-free Gourmet

These books are designed for people with food allergies and intolerances. They are meant to accompany something called the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, which I've never heard of and I know nothing about. All the recipes are gluten free and low in refined sugar and lactose though. There's no grains (duh... that's right in the title!) of any kind. But the recipes are still heavy on dairy products like butter, cheese, cottage cheese curds, and yogurt so they aren't strict paleo. There are a lot of yummy inspirations with almost all the recipes using almond flour to replace wheat flour. I've got several tagged already to experiment with in the Cavegirl test kitchen.

Just thought I'd share where I'm currently stealing ideas from...

No comments:

Post a Comment